Progressive Programmer

Progressive Politics or idle geek banter. What's on my mind when I'm irked, intrigued, bored or up too late.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

2006-07-10

Chocolates Flowers and Kimmy Gone Wild

Kim Jong Il was apparently of the mind that he wouldn't need to keep testing his Taepodong I missiles back in 2000. This may or may not have had to do with the chocolates and flowers Clinton and Albright had been throwing his way.



Something odd happened between 2000 and 2006.



Now, whether you love Bush or hate him (mildly loathe is ok too, you two jokers in the corner), you can't blame him for the entire North Korean debacle. I mean, he did have a War on Terror to fight (in the wrong country) and a nation to scare the bejeezus out of (to win reelection) and, of course, Social Security to shit on (to pay off cronies). He couldn't spend all of his time on pretzels and North Korea!? He had to spend some time on things that *mattered*. And he sure as hell wasn't going to keep going with the mamby pamby Clinton way of doing things! Clinton s.u.c.k.e.d. sucked. Right? Besides, taking on North Korea would be a *bitch*. No easy way in, no easy way out, and a ginormous army to contend with that just so happened to be capable of attacking several allies at the drop of a smart bomb.

Well, when you're dealing with a paranoid megalomaniac with a cult following (some forcibly told to follow) you can't just *ignore* them. Just like that chick in High School that went all mental when you said you wanted to see other people, you have to coddle ol' Kimmy. You have to pay some attention and keep them stable long enough to let them down gently. Didn't Bush see Fatal Attraction?

So where did Bush's harsh breakup get us? You guessed it. chocolates and flowers. That dull ol' diplomacy crap. It takes so *long*. It's such hard work.


Anything for you, Kimmy. You know I love you, Kimmy, and I would never do anything to hurt you. No, I'm not just saying that. I told you before, didn't I? It's really late. Get some rest and we'll, y'know, talk about it in the morning after 1st period. I'll write you a note and pass it through Huey to give to you in Mr. Bolton's geography class. Yes, I *know* you don't do that for every guy you date, Kimmy. This isn't exactly an easy conversation for me to bring up as it is, you don't have to try and get me worked up right before bed. Yes, I promise, if we don't end up going out any more I'll let you do that at *least* one more time, but you don't have to promise me that or anything.




Alright, Kimmy. Talk to you then. I *like* you, Kimmy. No, I won't say that. I can't say it, Kimmy, not right now. We'll talk more tomorrow night, ok? But you call me this time I'm running low on minutes and my daddy's gonna kick my ass. Ok, you hang up first this time. No, you hang up. Ok, on the count of three. 1. 2. 3....


I *knew* you were gonna do that, you always do that...


mcolley
I'm not liberal, I'm just paying attention

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home