Progressive Programmer

Progressive Politics or idle geek banter. What's on my mind when I'm irked, intrigued, bored or up too late.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

2006-07-06

Contract With America, part duh

I completely agree that Newt should help America and the GOP put together a new "contract".

So long as the contract is effective immediately and scheduled to end in January 2007 as all of the Republicans signed onto the contract walk out of office, heads held low, eyes averted in shame from their constituents, admitting in whole that they have been an utter failure at governing this country.


mcolley
I'm not liberal, I'm just paying attention

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a conservative who is utterly disappointed with the rebublican party. Long on lip service, short on accomplishing things. Unfortunately the Democrats are not an acceptable alternative. Newt is right when he says they are too left and too strange. Third Party anyone? Get a government that does what it should to protect and maintain the country and get out of peoples personal lives...Wolfbike

06 July, 2006 16:36  
Blogger progprog said...

anonymous said:
I am a conservative who is utterly disappointed with the rebublican party

Ditto except for the word "conservative". I am also utterly disappointed.

But I think at this point the diametric opposite of the Republican Party is what is needed. Not some hodge-podge of the Dems and Repubs. The closest thing to the diametric opposite right now is the Democrats. Get the Repubs out of power fast, before things get even worse.

But your last comment is the keeper. "get out of peoples personal lives". That's spoken like the conservatives and don't-tread-on-me Republicans used to be, as opposed to the please-invade-my-bank/library/home/phone-as-I-know-I'm-not-a-terrorist Republicans we have bowing before Bush nowadays.

06 July, 2006 17:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home