Progressive Programmer

Progressive Politics or idle geek banter. What's on my mind when I'm irked, intrigued, bored or up too late.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

2006-07-07

Have your cake and eat your children's cake

A Republican friend was just lecturing me about the prosperity Republican tax cuts bring we Americans.

I sent him this lovely chart

Now, do tax cuts equal prosperity? Of course not. Does a sensible approach to rebalancing the burden of taxation equal prosperity? Not necessarily. And neight can either guarantee long-term prosperity. Nothing can.

But it certainly was nice in the Clinton years, and as that chart reminds us, the long-term prospects for our country were a mighty shitload better under Clinton than they are even 5 years into the Bushco nightmare.

mcolley
I'm not liberal, I'm just paying attention

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home