Progressive Programmer

Progressive Politics or idle geek banter. What's on my mind when I'm irked, intrigued, bored or up too late.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

2006-01-27

Army Kidnaps Wives of Insurgents to Use as Bait

Will the list of things I should be ashamed of ever stop getting longer?

In one case, a secretive task force locked up the young mother of a nursing baby, a U.S. intelligence officer reported. In the case of a second detainee, one American colonel suggested to another that they catch her husband by tacking a note to the family's door telling him "to come get his wife."

I know, over the next few days--if the media actually picks up this story and runs with it for a day or two--I will hear a lot of pundits and LGFers and assorted other whackos tell me why I should support this kind of behavior b/c I should be oh, so scared that I should be willing to give up a little more decency for the sake of my "safety".

"During the pre-operation brief it was recommended by TF personnel that if the wife were present, she be detained and held in order to leverage the primary target's surrender," wrote the 14-year veteran officer.

He said he objected, but when they raided the house the team leader, a senior sergeant, seized her anyway.

But that won't work. I'll still be ashamed.

mcolley
I'm not liberal, I'm just paying attention

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home