Progressive Programmer

Progressive Politics or idle geek banter. What's on my mind when I'm irked, intrigued, bored or up too late.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

2005-07-07

What London's Attacks are Not

Today's horrible attacks are not:
  • A sign we're winning the War On Terror
  • A sign that Al Qaeda (or their ilk) have had their backs broken
  • A sign that we can protect our own people
  • A sign that "taking the fight to them" (which I agree was done in Afghanistan...not Iraq) prevents them from coming to us
  • A sign that solidarity amongst wealthy nations will discourage terrorists
  • A sign that it will ever be possible to eliminate terrorism
  • A sign that the Iraq war has made us safer

Until we admit that adjustment in our policies is as important as murdering more innocents than combatants, I suspect terrorism will thrive.

mcolley
I'm not liberal, I'm just paying attention

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home