Progressive Programmer

Progressive Politics or idle geek banter. What's on my mind when I'm irked, intrigued, bored or up too late.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

2005-09-15

Wee Wee Gate?

Pee Pee-Gate?
Mother-May-I-Gate?
WhizGate?
Man-About-A-Mule-Gate?
PottyGate?

I don't know what to call it, but I'm laughing.

Apparently a lot of other countries think this is more than a joke.

I suppose I can't blame them. If it was a question of protocol, then perhaps Condie is the one to ask. But in the wake of the slow response to Katrina, and Bush's absolute refusal to listen to the pleas of other nations at the UN, maybe the other countries have been pleading to the wrong people? Maybe Bush really, truly, just doesn't know what to do next, when to do it, or what is going on in the world outside that bubble.

Considering Bush's insistence on John Bolton as our representative at the UN, and the fierce resistance to that nomination before, during, and after the nomination process (which resulted in Bush circumventing the process and naming him as a recess appointment), I should think other members of the UN have more than a right to ask, "Who is running the USA, anyway? Does Bush even comprehend what the Bolton nomination means?".

UrineGate?
PissGate?
WatersportsGate?
GottaGoGate?
EyeballsAreFloatin'Gate?
LikeARacehorseGate?
LeakGate? (this one's taken by Rove)
TakeALeakGate?


mcolley
I'm not liberal, I'm just paying attention

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home