Progressive Programmer

Progressive Politics or idle geek banter. What's on my mind when I'm irked, intrigued, bored or up too late.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

2005-09-12

Mike Brown Renounces own schmuckountability

Embattled and sucky FEMA director Michael Brown has stepped down, disappointing noone. No word on whether his FEMA experience will assist him in reestablishing his career as a horse lawyer.

Meanwhile, the President muddies the murky water about what he knew and when he knew it:
No, what I was referring to is this. When that storm came by, a lot of people said we dodged a bullet. When that storm came through at first, people said, whew. There was a sense of relaxation, and that's what I was referring to. And I, myself, thought we had dodged a bullet. You know why? Because I was listening to people, probably over the airways, say, the bullet has been dodged. And that was what I was referring to.

People said, whew. I heard this on NPR, and think it was more of a "sshew". But either way, Super-Prez was relaxed. He calmed down. And probably, somewhere in this country on some radio station in the sky, probably someone said the bullet has been dodged, though if anyone in your administration had picked up a paper--and had the guts to tell you what they saw--you might have felt otherwise.

Then, Bush tried to rebuild the levees around his cloak of schmuckountability:
And I know there's been a lot of second-guessing. I can assure you I'm not interested in that. What I'm interested in is solving problems. And there will be time to take a step back and to take a sober look at what went right and what didn't go right. There's a lot of information floating around that will be analyzed in an objective way, and that's important. And it's important for the people of this country to understand that all of us want to learn lessons. If there were to be a biological attack of some kind, we've got to make sure we understand the lessons learned to be able to deal with catastrophe

Did he just admit that he's drinking again? I guess not. He was speaking figuratively, I think. But why bring up the biological attack? Have to drop that terra' word in this quote somewhere, I guess.
It is preposterous to claim that the engagement in Iraq meant there wasn't enough troops here, just pure and simple.

No, Mr. President, it's preposterous to claim that asking the question is preposterous. When 57% (80 thousand) of our troops in Iraq are National Guard members that signed up--like Super-Prez before he shirked his responsibility and practiced his alcoholism--to guard the country and help in just such situations, how can he say that 80 thousand of the Guard fighting and dying in Iraq has nothing to do with their stateside readiness?

My guess is that it's because he doesn't even know how many are over there.

Why would I say he wouldn't know? Because, you have scared your own advisors into drawing straws to see who has to deliver bad news. The grown ups keep that knowledge to themselves for fear of Super-Prez pitching a hissy in the oval.

Super-Prez also repeated some of his robo-speak lines:
The troop levels in Iraq will be decided by commanders on the ground. One, we're going to -- our mission is to defeat the terrorists, is to win

Really, can somebody tell me when our mission became simply to defeat the terrorists? I forget. I thought we were trying to win hearts and minds...er, I mean find WMD... er, I mean unseat Saddam... er, I mean establish a democracy in the heart of the... er, fuckitigiveup.

But hey, there's a bright side to all this. Michael Brown is the first known Republican to renounce his own schmuckountability, and hold himself accountable for FEMA's fuckups. Congrats, Brownie, you're doin' a heckuva job.

Could you help Super-Prez find some similar wisdom? Please?

mcolley
I'm not liberal, I'm just paying attention

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home