Progressive Programmer

Progressive Politics or idle geek banter. What's on my mind when I'm irked, intrigued, bored or up too late.

Name:
Location: Michigan, United States

2005-05-21

Hellooooo, Orrin Hatch and Republicans are lying to youuuuuuuuuu

Hunter at dKos reminds of Kevin Drum's pointing out how hypocritical it is of the Republicans to piss & moan over Democratic "obstruction" by reminding us how blatant the rule changes... and reversals... have been from Orrin "Jackass" Hatch. Here's reversal 1 of 4, visit Kos or Washington Monthly for the rest of the hypocrisy:
Originally, after Republicans gained control of the Senate in the 1994 elections and Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch assumed control of the Judiciary Committee, the rule regarding judicial nominees was this: If a single senator from a nominee's home state objected to (or "blue-slipped") a nomination, it was dead. This rule made it easy for Republicans to obstruct Clinton's nominees.

I must confess that I added the "Jackass" above. As far as I know, no one has ever nicknamed Orrin Hatch "Jackass", but it seems fitting to name-call when our Democratic senators are being called "obstructionists".

Besides, I feel no sense of Hypocrisy when I call Hatch a Jackass. But, I know his innards must twitch all aflutter with the guilt of hypocrisy whenever he and his co-conspirators continue to attempt their coup d'etat of our courts system.

This one goes in the del.icio.us bomb, I think.

mcolley
I'm not liberal, I'm just paying attention

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home